Looking for a different Fall Time dessert? Tried of Apple Pie & Pumpkin Pie? Try our take on Devil Dogs AKA… Whoopie Pies (depending in what area of the country you are from). These little treats are sure to please! .
Autumn Spice Devil Dogs
I have given two options for size of the cake when scooping. Most adults prefer the smaller size. And, even though devil dogs / woopies pies sound like a kid food, the spices, balsamic vinegar and the pumpkin create a flavor that is all adult! Enjoy!
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar and 1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 cup O’Live A Little Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 large eggs
2 Tablespoons O’Live A Little’s Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 - 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ Cup Monk Fruit Sweetener
1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
1 Tablespoon O’Live A Little’s Maple Dark Blend Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
Beat together brown sugar, granulated sugar and olive oil. Add eggs one at time, mixing well after each addition, followed by the vinegar.
2. In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined.
3. Using a #30 Scoop (golf ball size) and/or a #70 Scoop (small walnut size), scoop the dough 2# apart onto parchment lined sheet pans.
4. Bake for 12 – 15 min. at 350 degrees. Or, until cakes are somewhat firm and just slightly golden on the bottom.
5. Cool and the frost the inside of one cake and top with the other
6. Frost flat side of half the pies and top with another piece. Enjoy!
For the Filling
Beat together cream cheese and butter. Add monkfruit, vinegar and cinnamon.