Blackberry and Lemon Chicken Thighs
**Jennifer | July 29, 2020**
1 cup blackberries
½ cup O’Live A Little Lemon White Balsamic
¼ cup lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp water
4 tbsp O’Live A Little Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6 large basil leaves, thinly sliced
4 skin on chicken thighs
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel and season both sides with a generous amount of salt and pepper and allow to temper at room temperature while you make the glaze..
3. In a small sauce pot, combine the blackberries, sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Heat over high heat and once brought to a simmer, reduce heat and just barely simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Combine cornstarch and water together with a fork until well combined. Slowly whisk the cornstarch/water mixture into the simmering berry glaze and allow to simmer for 1 more minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Heat a large sauté pan (oven proof) over high heat and then add 4 T of O’Live A Little’s Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Once the oil is hot, add the 4 chicken thighs and allow to sear for 3 minutes on both sides.
6. Place the entire pan in the oven and allow to gently cook the chicken the rest of the way for approx. 15-20 minutes. Remove the thighs from the pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
7. Place the entire pan in the oven and allow to gently cook the chicken the rest of the way for approx. 15-20 minutes. Remove the thighs from the pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes.