Cranberry and Cauliflower Rice
1 Large head of cauliflower (about 2 ½#), leaves removed, stem trimmed and coarsely chopped into 1” – 2” pcs.
1 Medium sweet onion chopped
¾ Cup celery chopped
2 Cloves garlic chopped
4 Tablespoons O’Live A Little’s Black Pepper Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¾ Teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ Teaspoon crushed red pepper
½ Cup dried cranberries
½ Teaspoon salt
½ Cup sliced Almonds, Pistachios or Pepitas or any combo of the three
4 Green onions – chopped for garnish
Method of Prep
1. Using a food processor, pulse cauliflower (in batched if necessary) to create rice size bits. Do not over process. Set aside.
2. Using a dry hot frying pan, toast almonds and/or pepitas. Set aside.
3. Add olive oil to frying pan, heat to medium high and sauté onion and celery for 5 minutes and then add the garlic and sauté for 3 minutes longer. Do not allow the garlic to brown. Add the cranberries, cinnamon, crushed red pepper and salt.
4. Add the cauliflower and cook, tossing occasionally until cauliflower begins to release some steam and is just tender, approx. 3 minutes.
5. Toss in almonds/pistachios/pepitas and green onion
Low Carb Thanksgiving Recipe
Starting to plan your Thanksgiving menu and looking for keto and low carb Thanksgiving recipes? With the low-carb and Keto lifestyle many people lead these days, I wanted to include this Cauliflower Rice recipe as a keto friendly alternative to regular rice or potatoes on your Thanksgiving table. Or for that matter, anytime you want a nice side dish but would like to save the carb calories or guilt.
We all know that Turkey is carb free, but when you add in all of the appetizers, sides and desserts, it’s pretty easy to get off of your keto diet during the holiday season. There’s no need to worry, however! There are so many low carb options out there, this being one of them!
This particular recipe has a bit of a Middle Eastern flair due to the use of cinnamon and the optional pistachios. And with the added cranberries, it is the perfect cold weather side dish for a great steak, pork roast and of course roast turkey!
Keto Thanksgiving Sides
Before we get into the Cranberry and Cauliflower Rice Recipe, we just wanted to provide some other ideas for some low carb Thanksgiving sides. Non-starchy vegetables make some of the most delicious keto friendly holiday side dishes. Some of our favorites are spaghetti squash, cauliflower, green beans and brussel sprouts! These healthy keto holiday dishes are simple and will keep your diet on track through out the whole holiday season!