- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 large heads of garlic, cloves peeled
- 1 small fennel bulb—trimmed, cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
Method Of Prep
- In a medium saucepan, bring the cream, garlic, and fennel to a simmer.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer until the garlic and fennel are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then transfer to a blender.
- Add the milk and puree until smooth. Season the puree with salt and pepper and serve warm.
Grilled chicken, grilled fish, seared scallops or grilled bread.