Polenta & Olive Oil Biscotti Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dry polenta
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mocha Biscotti: (for 2X) 2T maple extract, 2T espresso powder, 1 Cup cocoa nibs
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, polenta, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, and vanilla until well combined and frothy.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide in half and shape each half into a log 12″x 2″ wide.
- Carefully move the Polenta & Olive Oil Biscotti logs onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silpat.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until the tops are almost firm to the touch.
- Remove and let cool on the pan for 15-20 minutes.
- While waiting, reduce the oven temperature to 300.
- Slice each log diagonally into about 1/2″ slices using a serrated knife.
- Stand the biscotti up about 1/2″ apart on the same baking sheet.
- Place back in the oven and bake until lightly colored and dry, another 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer the Polenta & Olive Oil Biscottito to a wire rack to cool completely