Almond Oil in the Kitchen - is a mild, nutty-tasting oil that makes a great addition to many dishes. Use Unrefined almond oil:
- As a tasty salad dressing: Combine unrefined almond oil with apple cider vinegar and chopped herbs.
- To add a nutty flavor to meals: Drizzle almond oil over your favorite veggies, fish or pork dishes to give it an extra kick.
- Over pasta: Add a bit of almond oil to your pasta to add a unique and delicious flavor.
- Replace butter or canola oil in cookie, muffin and quick bread recipes for a flavor boost.
Almond oil is a good source of the antioxidant vitamin E and unsaturated fats. Diets rich in unsaturated fat may provide some health benefits, including a reduced risk of heart disease and obesity, and they may aid weight loss.
1 tablespoon (14 grams) of almond oil equals:
- Calories: 119
- Total fat:5 grams
- Saturated fat:1 grams
- Monounsaturated fat:4 grams
- Polyunsaturated fat:3 grams
- Vitamin E: 26% of the RDI
- Phytosterols: 9 mg
Most of the health benefits related to almond oil stem from its high amount of healthy fats. A diet rich in unsaturated fats has been linked to many health benefits, including a reduced risk of heart disease and obesity.
What’s more, monounsaturated fats may help lower high blood pressure, a risk factor for heart disease. Diets high in monounsaturated fats have also been linked to a lower risk of certain cancers like endometrial cancer, and they may even help you lose weight
As Part of Your Beauty Routine - If you are looking to swap out some of your skin and hair products for more natural, non-toxic options, almond oil is a great way to go. Overall, it is less expensive than most commercially made moisturizers. doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients. Some ways to add almond oil to your skin or hair care routine.
- As a moisturizer: Almond oil is a perfect moisturizer for sensitive skin.
- Apply it to extra-dry spots: Rub almond oil on the elbows, feet and any other areas that tend to get dry.
- To make a homemade hair mask: Make a hydrating hair mask by mixing almond oil with mashed avocado and then smoothing it on damp hair.
- Combine it with essential oils: Use almond oil as a carrier oil to dilute essential oils when you’re applying them to the skin.
Almond Oil Beauty Benefits
Almond oil is a popular ingredient in natural beauty products. This mild and soothing oil is beneficial for both the skin and hair. This is partly thanks to its emollient properties, meaning it helps prevent water loss from the skin. This quality makes almond oil an excellent choice to keep the skin, hair and scalp soft and hydrated.
Almond oil is packed with vitamin E, which may help protect the skin from sun damage and premature aging. One study in 160 women found that the topical application of sweet almond oil reduced the spread of stretch marks in the abdominal area, as well as redness and itching (28).
This versatile oil makes a great choice for people looking for natural beauty products that have a limited number of ingredients and can be used in many ways. It can function as a gentle makeup remover, a natural skin or hair moisturizer or a velvety massage oil.