2 Cups of Sugar
1 3/4 Cups All-purpose Flour
3/4 Cup Unsweetened Dark Cocoa
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon (optional)
1 Cup Buttermilk
1 Cup Dry Red Wine
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
Dust with Cocoa Powder or Powdered Sugar
Drizzle with a seasonally flavored O’Live A Little Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly grease 1 – 3”X 9” round cake pan
- In one bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda and powder, and salt, and stir to mix well. Add, cinnamon if desired
- In another bowl, add the eggs, buttermilk, wine, olive oil and vanilla, and use a hand mixer to blend well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and continue to beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. (The batter will be very thin)
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan, and bake for about 45 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes, remove from the pan.
- Cool to room temperature, dust with either the cocoa powder or powdered sugar.
- Drizzle with Balsamic Vinegar & Enjoy!