- Garlic cloves (peeled and washed, however many you want to make)
- 1 part sugar
- 1 part rice wine vinegar
- 3 parts soy sauce
Method of prep
- Place garlic in a glass jar.
- Fill jar with water until water reaches covers about 2/3 of the garlic cloves.
- Pour out water and measure it. That's the amount of soy sauce you need.
- Use 3 parts soy sauce to 1 part vinegar and 1 part sugar. (So if you need 1 cup of soy sauce, then you need 1/3 cup of vinegar and 1/3 cup of sugar).
- Bring soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar mixture to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When the sauce has cooled, pour over garlic in glass jar. Make sure garlic cloves are completely covered, using a small stone or bowl to weigh them down if necessary.
- Store at room temperature for at least 3 weeks.
- After opening, store in refrigerator.