9 oz. Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Penne
1 lb. gluten-free spicy Italian sausage
1 shallot, minced
1 bunch kale, stems removed, roughly chopped
1 cup shaved Brussels sprouts
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 cups Gouda cheese, shredded (goat gouda is recommended)
Fried sage leaves, to taste
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
2. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, but still firm, stirring occasionally, about 8-10 mins. Drain and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan to medium-high heat. Add spicy Italian sausage and brown until no pink remains, about 5-7 mins. Add the minced shallot and sauté until translucent, about 1-2 mins. Remove sausage mixture and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, toss together pasta, sausage, kale, Brussels sprouts, cranberries, and 1 cup Gouda cheese. Season with salt & pepper, to taste, and mix well.
5. Pour pasta mixture into the baking dish and top with remaining 1 cup Gouda. Bake for 25 mins., or until cheese is hot and bubbly. Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 mins. before serving. Crush fried sage leaves and garnish bake with them, if desired. Serve and enjoy!