These little treats are addictive! Although they are called biscuits, they are somewhere between a cookie and biscuit. A great alternative to crackers or a loaf of bread.
- 31⁄2 oz cold unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 31⁄2 oz plain flour, plus extra for flouring
- 4 oz grated Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine pink Himalayan salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Rosemary sprig, to decorate
Mix the butter, flour and parmesan together. Season with salt & pepper and knead until you form a dough.
Divide the dough in two, and roll each part into a uniform cylinder, about 3cm / 11⁄4 inches in diameter.
Wrap the 2 cylinders into plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins. You can also freeze them and use another time.
Preheat the oven to 350°F, meanwhile cut each cylinder into rounds that are a 1 cm think (between 1⁄4” & 1⁄2” think).
Arrange the biscuits on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment.
Brush the surface of each biscuit with the egg and sprinkle over a little finely grated parmesan.
Bake for 10 minutes, or until they are a gorgeous golden-brown color.
Allow to cool (if you can) and serve.