It’s worth seeking out Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella for this salad. It is a cheese we always try to keep in stock during the tomato season. From Campana Italy, this cheese, made from the milk of domestic water buffalo is delicate in flavor and texture & its slight tang goes amazing with fresh tomatoes. And, along with O’Live A Little’s Olive Oil and Vinegar it is one of life’s most yummy pleasures!
- 4-5 Tablespoons O’Live A Little’s Traditional Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup O’Live A Little’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, cored and sliced into ½-inch thick slices – If you can find a mixture of sizes and colors the salad will look even more beautiful
- 1 pound buffalo mozzarella, sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves – Chiffonade
Arrange the tomato slices, mozzarella slices and the basil in an overlapping pattern on a shallow serving plate and drizzle with the olive and balsamic vinegar mixture and sprinkle with Himalayan Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Alternately, in lieu of the vinegar, oil, and basil listed above, drizzle the salad instead of with O’Live A Little’s Best Pesto Recipe!